Well, as the chances of me getting any images this week looked particularly slim, I decided it was time to have a decent play with blending Ha data into RGB. I`ve done this a few times over the last few weeks, but never realy been happy with the results. Also, processing it on the 1Gb laptop wasnt helping much, I was spending more time waiting for PSCS to stop swapping than actually doing anything useful. So, I have just spent 90 minutes or so playing with the following data to create my first Ha blended image that I`m happy with.
I do note that the difference between my laptop screen and my desktop screen is quite large, but as most of the images I see from others look better on my laptop, thats the one I use for the final colour balance and stuff. Apologies if this image looks far too “overly red” or far too “washed out salmon pink” on your screen.
OTA: William Optics ZenithStar 66 SD + 0.8 FR/FF
Guiding: NS8GPS @ f/10 + DSI-C + PHD
RGB Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 10 x 900s, CLS filter
Ha Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL,8 x 900s, Astronomik Ha 13nm
Post Process: ImagesPlus + PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools (Ha as ~60% luminance, Ha/Red = 80%/20%)
Note: The RGB data for this is slightly flawed, due to the fact that my imaging train wasnt perfectly aligned (doh!)… the RGB stars on the left of the image are larger than on the right.